2.28.2010

film relapse-

now i never thought i was that bad, even though all of my comps told me that i was.. I would only stop to buy stuff every once in a while, but tonight it was bad. i am an impulsive shopper. I went through a film relapse.

I haven't filmed anything or done any shorts for over 2 years now and actually for this past month i had actually lost the desire to film. I don't know what got over me but i had different ideas and didn't even know if i wanted to pick up a camera again. (don't judge me)

but the other day i started watching more tv.. and i started exploring the www, and that's when the cravings hit again.. i couldn't resist, and the shorts that i had thought up on my mission came flooding back in and the ideas just kept on rolling and i spent a few hours surfing the web, as i admired the indie films online. (no i do not watch them on youtube, i prefer better and there is way too much crap on there to actually find good stuff)..

as a result i ended up spending a bit too much money and i bought myself a DOF converter for my canon xh-a1. in less than 24 hours i bought myself the letus35 extreme, and i'm dying to get it.. you have no idea the power this thing has. It will make my films look the way i have always wanted with the crisp shallow dof that inspires your  mind and makes the world appear how it should be seen in a rectangle. the dof can add such an edge & character to your film it was soo worth it.. and it shows up wednesday. I already have some ideas and i should have my next short up by fri or saturday.. latest will be monday.

i'll keep you up to date.. whoever you are the reads me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know this is 2 year old post but im glad im not the only one